« If I Get Mine, Why Should I Care About Yours? | Main | Jeff's Voting Guide »

October 25, 2004

Air America Radio Launches in Seattle

Good news for progressive radio listeners in Seattle: Air America Radio launches today in Seattle aon KPTK 1090 AM. Finally, KVI (and NPR!) will have some aggressive progressive competition.

Here's the lineup:

3 a.m. – 6 a.m.Morning Sedition with Mark Riley and Marc Maron
6 a.m. – 9 a.m.Unfiltered with Chuck D, Mark Riley, Liz Winstead & Rachel Maddow
9 a.m – 12 p.m.The Al Franken Show
12 p.m. – 3 p.m.The Ed Schultz Show
3 p.m – 7 p.m.The Randi Rhodes Show
7 p.m. – 10 p.m.The Majority Report with Janeane Garofalo
10 p.m. – 1 a.m.The Best of Al Franken

You can also listen online.

Posted by Jon Stahl on October 25, 2004 at 12:50 PM in Media | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Awesome!

Posted by: Jeff | Oct 25, 2004 3:27:02 PM

WONDERFUL!!!!!!
We now can get a different point of view.
KVI & KTTH spout GOP and conservative rhetoric 24 hours a day , 7 days a week , 364 days a year. Now the Seattle area is a Democracy & not a dictatorship, like Cuba .

Posted by: Leslie Mutchler | Oct 29, 2004 6:23:02 AM

Unreal...I'm actually listening to Air America Radio on my radio! It's about damn time...I've listened to AAR since the second day they were on the Internet!!! Now I can actually leave the house and listen to my favorite radio programs...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...Three thumbs up!!!

Posted by: Bill O'Lieilly | Oct 29, 2004 7:20:18 AM

Thank you for giving us a choice in radio land!!
I will never move the station again on my car radio, home radio's and I am spreading the good news to all my friends. I have always been jealous of my conservative friends (yes, I have a few)that have talk radio to listen to day in and day out. Now I do, too!!

Hurray!! EVERYONE please don't take anything for granted tomorrow...GO VOTE!!!

Posted by: Kay | Nov 1, 2004 11:53:57 AM

Congratulations from a Canadian listener in Trail, B.C. High time a truly liberal voice was heard in the Pacific Northwest.....count me as a regular listener!!!

Posted by: Dave Glover | Dec 19, 2004 4:35:35 PM

Finally...I do not have endure KIRO's lame attempts to appeal to Liberals and Progressives...
I know somebody up there has been listening to our pleas for Liberal Radio...BTW no more sports/talk in the am for this baseball freak..It's all Al in the am.

Posted by: FredX | Mar 16, 2005 3:30:50 PM

Subject: Thom Hartman

Hi, I'm SeattleSara.  Love Ed Schultz but I will be listening to NPR here in
Seattle from 9-12 in the morning.  Please pass this on {I don't know how to
do it] to the powers that be.  This Thom is so Pro-Palestine that callers
are encouraged to be anti-Israel, 'closestly' anti-Semitic, with questions
like "Thom, I heard we are paying the Israelis $200-300,000 to leave the
Gaza Strip."  Hartman says, "Yes and No.  Israel is
paying them $200,000 to relocate and we give lots of money to Israel and so
you could say that we are paying them indirectly."
The man prefaces everything he says by saying, "I'm not anti-Semitic but..."

and we get earfuls of anti-Israel stuff and I've only heard the man twice!
I was thinking of responding to the $200,000 comment by saying how many
times has Israel paid for that land? or by saying what would it cost you to
resettle after 38 years? or...nevermind, Thom just brings out the 'here's
another liberal dissing Israel' folk who the poor Jews have to suffer to do
good things in this country.  So what's new?
Sorry he's part of your Air America family.  If he could just be part of
a blog that we all don't have to read, keep him.  I won't be listening.

| |

Posted by: seattlesara | Sep 14, 2005 9:21:36 AM

How do we get Randy Rhodes back in her old time slot 3-6PM on KTPK 1090? I thought ours was the only family that stopped listening to 1090 since she left times that I could hear her. But I know that three other famlies miss Hearing Randy and have gone back to NPR. If I could receive Portland 620am I could hear her at the 3-6pm time. HELP US GET RANDY BACK 3-6PM
Rich Lampe

Posted by: R. Lampe | Oct 27, 2005 11:57:38 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Air America Radio Launches in Seattle: