« The WAPO Endorses Webb | Main | Science 1, Reichert 0 »

October 18, 2006

A Profile of Nancy Pelosi

Hilary Rosen has a profile of Nancy Pelosi, our soon-to-be-Speaker of the House. It's a nice look at the person behind the politics. I lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for years, met Nancy Pelosi several times and attended fundraisers at her house, which she graciously loaned out to sympatico organizations for that use.

And I learned a lot from the article. My favorite phrase was the suggestion that Pelosi "will bear a huge responsibility for restoring the optimism of a divided nation." Just the phrase is a lovely reminder of what comes after this so-far-very-hopeful-looking election. If you haven't seen it before, the piece, up over on Huffington Post, also lists out what Pelosi says she will pass in the first 100 hours of Democratic control of the House.

Hat Tip to Howie

Posted by Lynn Allen on October 18, 2006 at 08:07 AM in National and International Politics | Permalink

Comments

Every site I go to seems to write off Richard Wright in his quest to unseat the loathsome Dick Hastings. And you just did it, too:

"Worth fighting for. Remember to put some coin toward Darcy and Peter to help out."

Oh well. The DCCC wrote him off long ago, also.

Posted by: bluesky | Oct 18, 2006 10:06:37 AM

Don't feel too badly, bluesky. Howie Klein and Jane Hamsher also ignored Darcy's candidacy on their "Blue America" posts.

Posted by: shoephone | Oct 18, 2006 3:09:32 PM

Well, I think there's something to be said for credibility. I really like Richard Wright but we're shaking it out now. This is getting to be crunch time and I want Darcy and Peter to win these seats - because they can. We are so close. So, I want my readers to trust that I am serious when I ask for money.

Posted by: Lynn | Oct 18, 2006 7:52:46 PM

I FEAR the first 100 hours of Democrat rule ... here's why

raising the minimum wage will destroy small businesses and kill the already thriving economy

they're beating a dead horse when it comes to Iraq. We're there because Iraq could've become the next North Korea. We're there because we'd rather fight the terrorists abroad than on our home soil. Leaving now just increases our chances of another homeland attack.

they will open the door to cloning by approving more stem cell research

they will roll back the middle class tax cuts which will destroy the thriving economy

in the first 100 hours of democratic rule, they will tank the economy and also make America prone to terrorist attacks by rolling back our national security

Posted by: Justin | Oct 24, 2006 10:14:12 PM

Justin,

Wow. That's some case of drinking the kool-aid you've got. Not even worth refuting since we are likely to be able to see the first results in about three months.

Posted by: Lynn | Oct 24, 2006 10:28:04 PM