« Ivan Details Legislative Wins in WA State | Main | How Gregoire Can Build Support in Rural Washington for 2008 »

November 08, 2006

Am I the only one who thinks Washington is tallying votes too slowly?

The rest of the country has its results - and it's not like we're Oregon with a full mail in ballot yet. Wouldn't it be nice to know your new 8th District Congressperson? Although I expect that one to be so close, the mail-in ballots will have to be tallied before we know.

Technorati Tags: ,

Posted by Jeff on November 8, 2006 at 12:26 PM in Candidate Races | Permalink

Comments

KOMO radio said updated numbers wouldn't be available until 11:00 tonight. Heard that there are many provisional ballots, and some hung up due to the flooding. It's gonna be a long wait for these!

Posted by: paco and taco | Nov 8, 2006 2:42:58 PM

The secretary of state web site has a schedule for releasing poll results. The only update scheduled for today is 6pm.

Posted by: CoolAqua | Nov 8, 2006 2:48:11 PM

First the left says we need mail only voting, then you bitch about how long it takes to count it.

If you don't make up your minds, you won't hold onto your wins very long.

Posted by: Phil | Nov 8, 2006 3:30:56 PM

CNN site has been updated 2x today on Darcy's race & Goldmark. I can't get it to link, but go to mainsite, hit election results, then click on the map of wa (the races pop up when you hold cursor over) and once you get to the count you can also go into county count. It has seemed strange to me that Darcy & Peter both show races that have stayed the same % all day despite new counts. Last count came in about 4 pm PST.

Posted by: mainsailset | Nov 8, 2006 4:29:09 PM

Frankly, until the Elections Department learns that they are a service organization and the public is their customer nothing will change. My observation is that this attitude starts with the registration of voters and ends with publication of results. I have worked in many phases of the election process and the bottom line is too many of the paid election officials act like they are doing me a favor by allowing me to participate.
Jack

Posted by: Jack Smith | Nov 9, 2006 8:26:39 AM

Who cares how long it takes to count, it is the certifiable accuracy that we need. The whole nation should have paper ballots and citizen and partisan observors.

Posted by: roger | Nov 15, 2006 5:00:43 PM