« Local Nickels' son indicted with dozens in scheme to cheat casinos | Main | Murray and Cantwell Both Voted to Continue Bush's Iraq War »

May 25, 2007

Darcy Would Have Voted "No"

Darcy Burner has a YouTube up about the vote yesterday that gave Bush essentially everything he wanted on Iraq with no qualifications or consequences.  She called it a capitulation on the part of the Democrats and said she would not have voted for it.

Here it is.

I think we are learning that changing the culture in D.C. is going to take longer than we thought in the heady post election timeframe last year.  It's not just the corrupt Republicans we have to take on.  It is also the often over-cautious Democrats.  Yesterday's disappointing votes in both the House and Senate can be seen as a spur to re-double our efforts to elect Darcy and other anti-Iraq war progressives.

Note: I have taken a job with Darcy's campaign, as Online Outreach Director, and will be writing more about that but for the moment, it seems like the right thing to do to make that known.

Posted by Lynn Allen on May 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM in Candidate Races, Iraq, Media | Permalink

Comments

Darcy always did get it.
I prefer to frame the funding vote instead to a yes vote was a vote for surrender. Surrender to no plan, to chaos, to death, destruction and humiliation. Surrender to a slow death of all that America has been built upon.

Posted by: mainsailset | May 25, 2007 11:13:29 AM

Yes she did which is why I think she engenders so much loyalty.

Nice to have you around again, mainsailset.

Posted by: Lynn | May 25, 2007 12:00:32 PM

Until I saw Darcy Burner's appearance on the KCTS Connects show, I wondered why she was having trouble reaching voters. On the show she seemed to go out of her way to be non-controntational and say nothing that wasn't Mom and apple pie. That was when I realized what the problem was. Ms. Burner would be better served speaking her mind, I think.

Posted by: Cujo359 | May 25, 2007 11:08:44 PM

Just curious, Lynn - will you keep blogging on EP while working on Darcy's campaign?

Darcy is a fantastic candidate - I gave her some dough last cycle, and I'm glad she's trying again, with lessons learned under her belt.

Posted by: op99 | May 26, 2007 11:52:24 AM

I don't know that yet. I have been involved with a group of local bloggers over the last six months, working to put together an online news venture out of Seattle. It has been quite time consuming and cut into both my actual writing time and the mind-space that I write out of. I have been cutting back on that project as I shift my attention over to Darcy's campaign.

I will be blogging on Darcy's new website once it goes up and I just don't know if I'll have extra of the same kind of energy to continue to blog here.

And she is a fantastic candidate and knows a lot more going into this next election.

Posted by: Lynn | May 26, 2007 10:50:50 PM