« It's Official: White House Ordered Firings of U.S. Attorneys | Main | 13-Year Olds Can Read Our Blog -- If Accompanied By a Parent or Guardian »

June 29, 2007

Better Than an Oscar, a Grammy, a Tony, an Obie...

I received a really nice email today from Steve Audio, with a link to this post on his blog:

Congratulations, you won a !

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking! It is the first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

Happy link-love-sharing, whatever it is!

Well, now I have to tag 5 blogs that make me think, shouldn't be hard. Let's see:

1. The Heretik
2. Corrente Wire
3. Dover Bitch
4. RJ Eskow's NightLight
5. Shoephone's Evergreen Politics

Kinda made me laugh that he thinks that I own this place (I share it with a few others) -- it must be because I've made myself so at home here! In any case, being tagged by Steve for this award just makes me want to strive even harder to contribute something of value to our bloggy world. Having been invited by Lynn and Jon to blog here in the first place remains a real honor. Many thanks. I share this with them.

So, now it's my turn to shine a light on 5 blogs I read that always get me thinking. They are all very different, and all very deserving. Here they are:

1) Arthur Silber - The Power of Narrative

2) Cujo's Slobber and Spittle

3) No Quarter

4) Deep Confusion (Hope's blog)

5) Majikthise

Check them out. You'll see what I mean.

Posted by shoephone on June 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM in Media | Permalink

Comments

Brava, shoefoam (always figured SteveAudio for great taste), and thanks for the tips!

Congratz to you too, Hopey and Cujo, as I second shoey's nominations.

Well done, all.

Posted by: lotus | Jun 29, 2007 1:52:47 AM

"shoefoam"?

Posted by: shoephone | Jun 29, 2007 2:58:09 AM

Congrats, indeed. What a lovely award to have in the world and great that you/we got that.

Posted by: Lynn | Jun 29, 2007 6:49:29 AM

Congratulations Shoephone.
I see some very familiar handles here in the comments.
So, I will take a moment to give a shout out.
Hiya;
Cujo,Op99,Mainsailset and lotus.

Posted by: Bustednuckles | Jun 29, 2007 11:54:40 AM

Crap, I forgot DarkBlack!
Hiya DB!

Posted by: Bustednuckles | Jun 29, 2007 11:55:34 AM

Please let me add my congrats to you, shoe - yours are always consistently good posts, with plenty of facts, and fire.

Between your recommended blogs and Steve's, lots of great places are getting the exposure they deserve.

Keep inspiring!

Posted by: Anne | Jun 29, 2007 1:04:48 PM

Hi shoephone, Bustedknuckles, op99, and lotus,

(and others, of course)

Shoephone, thanks for the mention. It's an honor. Of course, now I have to think of five blogs I read that don't include yours or the ones on your list, but I suspect I'll manage. If yours hadn't been the "upstream link" in the chain, though, rest assured EP would have been on the list.

Congratulations on your being listed. It's well deserved.

Posted by: Cujo359 | Jun 29, 2007 1:15:51 PM

Thanks, and right back at ya, Cujo. You do a great job. Don't worry, when you start to think of all the blogs you read it isn't that hard to come up with five good ones, especially the smaller ones.

Posted by: shoephone | Jun 29, 2007 1:52:16 PM

Greetings to all, and congratulations to Shoephone/EP for thinking and blogging.

Myself, I try to avoid the former, and I'm cutting back on the latter.

;>)

Posted by: darkblack | Jun 29, 2007 2:51:06 PM

YEAH SHOEY!

And what a great list you have too. I'm not familiar with Arthur Silber, but given how great your other pics are - I'm going to have to get familiar.

Congrats all around.

Posted by: Mary | Jun 29, 2007 3:54:02 PM

"Myself, I try to avoid the former, and I'm cutting back on the latter."

Just as long as we still get to see your artwork, db.

Mary - Arthur Silber is, in my view, a brilliant thinker and writer. He is a true craftsman connecting history, philosophy and politics. He's also a keen observer of culture and societal complexities. Above all, he is courageous. I highly recommend him.

Posted by: shoephone | Jun 29, 2007 5:40:24 PM