« Just Desserts - Racists Get Jail Time | Main | It's Official: White House Ordered Firings of U.S. Attorneys »

June 27, 2007

Romney the Abuser

Stillwell has the story on Romney that should make everyone absolutely furious. At the very least, I'd like to see PETA file a major lawsuit over this. Romney is just another sadistic bastard who deserves to get hit with everything we can throw at him. And then some. People who abuse animals almost always abuse other people as well. It's classic sociopathic behavior. After all, the creep in the White House spent his childhood years blowing up frogs with firecrackers, just for fun. Now he's getting hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children blown up in Iraq. Just for fun.

It's really not possible for me to express in words what I feel about these people.

Posted by shoephone on June 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM in National and International Politics | Permalink

Comments

When I read this story about Romney putting the dog in a carrier on the roof of his car, even with a makeshift windshield, it told me far more about his character than any of the glowing articles about his picture-perfect family or his stunning good looks or his success in business. It showed me callousness. It showed me truly poor judgment. It was cold.

It’s hard to reconcile that callousness with the man who says he is pro-life, who now objects to embryonic stem-cell research. He wants us to believe he cares so deeply about the lives of the unborn, but thinks it’s okay to strap a dog carrier to the roof of a car and travel down the highway?

He’s now against things he was for when he wanted to represent the more liberal state of Massachusetts as their governor. And he’s for things he used to be against. What’s his theme song – “Blowin’ in the Wind?”

Just add the dog-on-the-roof to the long list of reasons why Mitt Romney should never be president.

Posted by: Anne | Jun 28, 2007 6:58:32 AM

So I'm thinking Romney must drive a big SUV which wouldn't be able to make the trip w/o a refuel stop and probably several at that. So did he and his family get out of the SUV for a pit stop, leave the dog up there each time? Did they take the dog out, recognize that the dog was under stress and then shove him back up there? Any way you look at this, it's obvious that the Romney family had to be aware that their family pet suffered under their care and they chose to ignore that suffering, repeatedly.

Posted by: mainsailset | Jun 28, 2007 7:43:45 AM

Romney's a little better than Bill Frist, who would have vivisected poor Fido.

Posted by: op99 | Jun 28, 2007 8:32:34 AM

I had a neighbor who used to strap her child into a booster seat. The kid hated it and would cry every time. One time she was so upset she wet her pants. My point is that sometimes we have to do what we have to do and not worry about what some pinheads are going to think. Knowing Romney as I've come to, if he felt that the situation called for transporting the animal in a rooftop-type dog carrier, then it was the right thing to do. For a bunch of armchair quarterbacks to be questioning this incident some 24 years later only shows how far the left has to stretch things to find something to complain about. Is this the worst you could find on him? Meanwhile, Hillary pressured her husband's rape victim into hushing it up to protect their careers, destroyed evidence to stay out of jail, and drove a subordinate to suicide (or worse), Slick Willy perjured himself and sold pardons to criminals and sold influence and nuclear technology to our enemies while letting Osama move around the planet in open view, and Teddy abandoned a drowning young girl to save his reputation. Where are those stories?

Posted by: Frank M | Jun 29, 2007 1:16:13 PM

Good try, Frank, but no soap. Abuse is abuse is abuse. This story wouldn't be getting so much airplay if it wasn't so unseemly to so many people.

Strapping a dog into a car top carrier for 12 straight hours is not like strapping your kid into a booster seat. Would you strap your child into a car top carrier for 12 straight hours? Doubt it. You'd be arrested for endangerment. But you're probably one of those people who thinks that abuse of animals is okay.

No matter. This story is going to haunt the Romney campaign. And since he's already come out in favor of torturing human beings as well, it will only further disgust people who are looking for just one normal, reasonable, capable Republican to vote for. Unfortunately, your buddy, The Abuser, isn't it.

Posted by: shoephone | Jun 29, 2007 2:01:30 PM

Shoephone et al,

I find it interesting that you are able to "read between the lines" of this article and discern that:

1. The dog was left in the carrier for twelve straight hours without a break;
2. That the dog was "under stress" and "suffering";
3. That Romney and his family were "callous" and "sadistic" and "ignored the dog's suffering."

Funny, but I couldn't find any of those details in the article. As a lifelong pet owner, I've had dogs and cats produce similar "surprises" without haveing been traumatized (usually it was something they ate). I guess I'm either "callous" and "sadistic," or I'm just not as psychic as everyone else.

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 2, 2007 8:34:02 AM

Shoephone et al,

1. The dog was left in the carrier for twelve straight hours without a break;
2. That the dog was "under stress" and "suffering";

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 2, 2007 8:43:37 AM

(Oops. Sorry for the double-post.)

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 2, 2007 8:44:34 AM